Signal Integrity & Power Integrity Design Engineer - SPG
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
In this highly visible role, you will work with the Special
Projects Group hardware organization to design modules/systems on
new complex technology development platform. You will be part of a
centralized SIPI/EMC organization responsible for ensuring designs
of each subsystem meet the necessary high-speed requirements.
Responsibilities are not just limited to narrowed focus on signing
off on designs, but will be to ensure that you take modules and
systems from architecture to validation. In this team, you will get
opportunities to improve your skills, creating new innovative
technologies and learn about new interfaces. You will be working
with world-class team in doing what Apple does best: Innovate!
- Track record in being responsible for taking module designs
from architecture to validation from an SIPI perspective.
- Deep understanding of transmission line theory, S-parameters
and how that relates to practical implementations.
- Extensive experience in modeling connectors/non-TEM
structures/cables etc using full wave tools and creating equivalent
- Experience with full wave tools such as HFSS, CST, ADS
- Extensive knowledge on time and frequency domain measurement
and calibration techniques. Micro-probing experience required.
- Deep understand of electromagnetics, transmission line theory
and serial/parallel interfaces.
- Familiarity with different types of serial interfaces and
compliance measurement characterization & debug.
- Deep understanding of power integrity fundamentals and signed
off on board designs with streamlined workflow.
- Good understanding of stackup manufacturing process and design
limitations considering DFM.
- Strong communication and personal skills.
You will work with cross-functional team on challenging high
speed designs, solve problems and identify cost effective solutions
that does not sacrifice performance and meet specifications.
- Perform system-level/board level channel simulations,
implement, validate and correlate to simulations. - Design stackup
considering trade offs for manufacturing, performance and cost. -
Setup/Perform time/frequency domain measurements on passive
interfaces and interface compliance measurements. Document results.
- Extract interconnect models based on simulation and measurements.
- Create equivalent circuit models of passive components. - Perform
time/frequency domain power integrity simulations and validate
using measurements. - Work with cross-functional team to go through
PCB Design process and Signoff on SIPI on all hardware
Education & Experience
- PhD/MS degree in electrical engineering plus 5 years of
relevant industry experience
- EEO STATEMENT:
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to
inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer
employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants,
including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals
with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against
applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their
compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Signal Integrity & Power Integrity Design Engineer - SPG, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!