Sr. CAD Engineer - Analog/RF Simulations
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex
challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every
detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help
design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance,
power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure
Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle
the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group
means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the
technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, we will enable our
customers to do all the things they love with their devices!
As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop,
maintain and enhance design and simulation flows and methodology
for digital, analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit designs.
The role requires the candidate to work with different
technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different
tool sets. Working in a small CAD team, you will be collaborating
with the digital/analog/RF/mix-signal circuit designs, layout
teams, technology teams, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive
and coordinate the effort of developing, validating, and bringing
up transistor level circuit design environment and flows, enhancing
custom checks and data generation.
- Proven experience in circuit design flows and/or related
CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and
- Proficiency with spice/fastspice simulators, including
Spectre/APS/XPS, AFS(BDA), Hspice, PrimeSim. Deep knowledge on
DC/Transient/Power, Cross corner PVT, Aging/Reliability analysis,
MonteCarlo simulations. Strong ability to solve simulation
convergence, accuracy, and performance issues.
- Experience in evaluating simulation related CAD tool/product
application and driving EDA vendors to meet design
- Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification.
- Efficient programming skills in languages like Perl, Python,
TCL, Shell, etc.
- Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design
- A collaborative team player, with good written and verbal
We are a small CAD team, so you will have an impact with the
analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams by:
- Developing and enabling circuit simulation and analysis
methodologies and flows
- Solving issues related to transistor level simulations on
Digital, AMS (Analog-Mixed Signal) applications with Spice
simulators on command-line and Virtuoso environment.
- Helping designers in solving tool issues related to circuit
simulation & analysis flows.
Education & Experience
MS / PhD preferred in a technical discipline.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Sr. CAD Engineer - Analog/RF Simulations, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!