Senior Software Engineer - Maps Search Group
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Would you like to be part of a team that impacts millions of
users every single day! Does finding patterns in data and building
highly scalable data-driven systems to solve real-world problems
excite you? Does designing and improving Local Search for all Apple
Maps users appeal to you? If yes, we invite you to join our mission
in building and redefining Apple's Local Search. Apple is
critically invested in the success of its mobile ecosystem. Maps
and Local Search is a core asset that is at the crux of this
ecosystem. Our team operates at the intersection of building highly
scalable applications, analytics to understand user behavior and
big data machine learning to improve our end-user experience.
We have a newly created position at Apple Maps Search team. This
role will be owner of an important interdisciplinary maps ranking
feature, where this engineer will be working on a challenging
project involving client/server programming, machine learning model
design and implementation, performance monitoring and optimization,
and eventually will see your work impact the user experience of
millions of Apple users.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in: Java or Object C or
Python or equivalent.
- Some experience with iOS SDK include frameworks such as Core
Data, Core ML.
- Solid understanding of Protobuf, JSON, REST and other similar
- Must have a solid understanding of the software development
process, including unit testing and release management.
- Practical understanding of the mathematics behind modern
machine learning, linear algebra and statistics.
- Some experience and familiarity with machine learning and
natural language processing is desired.
- Must be able to brainstorm and effectively communicate
technology ideas and issues.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work cross
functionally with different teams
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
Here are some of your job responsibilities:
Design, implement, test and launch Ranking features and Ranking
models to improve Maps Search quality and relevance. Build highly
efficient (low latency + high throughput) runtime and offline
systems with focus on scalability and long term maintainability of
the underlying components. Apply data driven methods and machine
learning techniques to solve complex problems and develop key
iOS/OSX features focused on improving maps search experience. Own
and conduct A/B tests for exploring various ideas and perform data
analytics to infer insights from experiments to help ship features.
Collaborate with various teams (e.g., infrastructure, metrics,
data) to develop exciting features and bring them from ideation to
production. Actively participate and contribute in design
discussions, code reviews and roadmap planning to improve the
quality of code and team's success.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of big data processing, prior experience with
Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig is highly desired.
- Knowledge and prior experience with some deep learning
frameworks is desired by not required.
- Experience shipping products, especially ones incorporating
- Experience/knowledge of search technology and related
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Senior Software Engineer - Maps Search Group, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!