RF System Engineering Lead
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich
people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has
solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity
for a forward-thinking and unusually hardworking Wireless System
Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare
and extraordinary opportunity to craft upcoming products that will
delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every single
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a
RF system engineering to specify, develop and validate
state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple's
- Extensive technical background of one or more of the
- RF system engineering, including familiarity with RF
transceiver architectures, frequency planning, line-up analysis and
performance budgeting and simulation.
- Proven understanding of RFIC architecture, design concepts and
- Familiarity with key RF performance metrics (e.g. NF, IP2, IP3,
multifaceted range, EVM, ACLR, etc) and the tradeoffs involved in
practical approaches to achieving high performance.
- Familiarity with wireless standards, such as those found in
IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- Familiarity with system validation methods and test
- Working understanding of communications theory and signal
- Working understanding of digital architecture principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience managing
or leading RF system teams.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- Experience with executive communication is a plus.
- Leads all aspects of RF system engineering, responsible for
development and delivery of new wireless silicon for future Apple
- Develop complete RF specifications governing silicon and
module-level designs, working with partner teams in Platform
Architecture, Product Systems, PHY Algo Systems and RF Design.
- Develop innovative RF architectures to achieve outstanding
performance, power and area.
- Introduce RF system features with digitally improved
- Produce RF line-up specifications in close collaboration with
the RF design team to guide the development of new radio
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for system-level simulation
and system verification to ensure first-time design success.
- Validate silicon and drive any required revisions to achieve
compliance with all RF system specifications to meet full system
- Support the delivery of new wireless technologies to the
Product Systems teams.
Education & Experience
- MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering
- At least 10 years of proven experience in RF system
engineering. Preferred 5 years of management experience.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , RF System Engineering Lead, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!