Senior RFIC Design Lead
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon
development team? The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and
validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs.
Our wireless organization is responsible for all aspects of
wireless silicon development that transform the user experience at
the product level, all of which is driven by a best-in-class
vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog
architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design,
VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification,
Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this highly visible
role, you will be at the center of a wireless SoC design group with
a critical impact on getting Apple's state-of-the-art wireless
connectivity solutions into hundreds of millions of products.
- Typically requires 15+ years of RF/analog and mixed-signal
design experience, with 7+ years management experience in
cutting-edge RF CMOS design.
- Direct experience in designing and bringing into mass
production ZIF RF transceivers in deep sub-micron RFCMOS
- Deep understanding of analog, mixed-signal and RF circuit
design. This includes design of on-chip LNAs and PAs,
PLL/VCO/DCO/LOGEN blocks, mixers, baseband filters and amplifiers,
data converters and calibration methods associated with such high
performance wireless systems and ZIF designs. Experience should
also include understanding of DFT and DFM techniques for mass
- Deep understanding of analog design concepts such as analysis
of noise, linearity, mismatch, stability and other analog
- Deep understanding of CMOS device physics, RF device modeling,
device noise parameters and inductor modeling.
- Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their
trade-offs, system specifications and ability to work with system
architects to translate system requirements into circuit
requirements at IC level; strong understanding of impact of
modulation type to radio architecture and requirements.
- Demonstrated capability to work with digital design group for
an optimum partition between digital and analog domain.
- Familiarity with the integration flows and challenges of
- Familiarity with mixed-signal mode verification methodology
(SystemVerilog, AMS, Nanotime).
- Strong knowledge of desense and able to work closely with board
RF/HW/Antenna teams to optimize board/module layouts for desense
mitigation. Also, has experience with desense mitigation with
integrated PMUs/DSPs (i.e. substrate isolation, return loops,
package isolation, frequency planning, etc).
- Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre RF, Matlab, EM
simulation (EMX, HFSS) and similar tools.
- Extensive experience in Si characterization and debug.
- Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies.
- Extensive experience in IP sourcing and management.
As a Senior RFIC Design lead, you are going to be responsible
for providing RFIC solutions for wireless SoC and driving them to
mass production for Apple products. Responsibilities include: -
Lead design of radio transceiver blocks and transceiver integration
- Drive radio KPI (power, area, performance) to meet product
requirements - Work with cross-functional teams including platform
architecture, wireless design, SW to define radio features enabling
wireless innovation - Work with technology team on process
selection for the target device - Work with SoC integration teams
to integrate radio transceiver and mixed-signal IPs into wireless
SoC - Drive and enhance RFIC design methodology (system-level
mixed-signal verification, RF chip/package/board de-sense) to
achieve first-pass silicon success - Perform detailed radio
bring-up/characterization and work with systems integration/test to
solve issues and optimize wireless system performance - Work with
product/test engineering teams to implement low-cost RF ATE -
Consult on RF/analog issues across Apple
Education & Experience
MSEE required; PhD is preferred.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Senior RFIC Design Lead, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!