Quality Assurance Engineer I
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Amazon Payments is looking for a motivated Quality Assurance
Engineer to engage with an experienced staff to design and execute
test plans and tests for ensuring the quality of our products. You
must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open
collaborative peer environment. You are proactive and have solid
analytical skills. A successful candidate will be a self-starter
and know how to build influence and credibility with the
development organization in order to promote best practices and
improve product quality.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in
a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic team environment. As a QAE you will
develop, execute, and maintain test plans and tests that ensure
quality products. QAEs are expected to have industry-leading
technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve
product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth
knowledge of Quality Assurance principles and methodology, as well
as the ability to automate tests. This role will include producing
in-depth test plans for both back end services and front-end UI
systems; the right candidate will be able to handle both large
scale and small projects across multiple disciplines in an agile
environment. You should command the skill to communicate clearly
and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test
specifications, test suites, test cases as well as execute on
functional, security, and performance testing in a programmatic
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
similar technical field, or 1+ equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of experience, which may be composed of experience as
a developer, experience as a QA Engineer, or experience as an
- 4+ years of expertise in automation using a programing
- Experience developing high quality test plans and test
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze
- Experience in scripting and user level test automation
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across
management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great
attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test
executions simultaneously and report results
- Ability to programmatically test a product, measure test
coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and
diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices
in quality areas.
- Experience testing services and web applications.
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with
teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical
and problem solving skills.
- Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or
other BDD framework), Selenium.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Cupertino , Quality Assurance Engineer I, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!