Facilities Engineer - 4 K Sign On Bonus
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Facilities Engineer is responsible for all building maintenance
and includes walking the facility and inspecting infrastructure
systems, performing routine maintenance, supervising the facility,
assessing needs, monitoring projects, and completing repairs as
needed. You will also help to gather information and take readings
to fill in the parameters on daily spreadsheets. The service you
provide will be to the underlying support systems (power, cooling,
etc) for the facility.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring building infrastructure systems.
- Troubleshooting and repairing building infrastructure systems,
HVAC systems, electrical systems, and more.
- Performing preventive maintenance on all building
- Preparing Change Management Forms and Methods of Procedure
- Scheduling maintenance procedures with vendors.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures and use of
- Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation,
equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns as needed.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general
overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties
Keys to Success
To excel in this role you will need an understanding of HVAC,
electrical, large chillers, and backup power systems. You may be in
front of customers, so you'll also need to be able to present
yourself well and have great communication skills. You will
complete certain reports, so you'll need enough knowledge of
computers in order to create and update reports in Word and Excel.
To complete the reports you will also need the ability to gather
information. This hands-on role will take much more than just
experience with rounds and readings. In addition, to be an
outstanding Facility Engineer, you will:
- Achieve goals independently, but also know when to ask for
- Remain open to learning new things, including the customers way
of doing business.
- Be willing to dig in to discover the cause of issues, and be
creative in solving them.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pride in your
- Bring a commitment to teamwork
- A facilities maintenance certification preferred.
- Strong HVAC, mechanical, and electrical skills and
- Refrigeration and EPA Certification is required
- An understanding of computer systems, and skill with Microsoft
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to follow instructions and processes precisely and
Keywords: ABM, Cupertino , Facilities Engineer - 4 K Sign On Bonus, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!