Global Supply Manager
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way
of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer
experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job
and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- A knack for negotiations
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80% information
- Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Interest in technology and/or operations (experience preferred
but not required)
- Willingness to travel internationally (20% - 30% depending on
The Global Supply Manager is positioned at the interface between
Apple's product teams and the industries that supply core component
technologies. We are responsible for developing and executing
sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations
based on improving technology. The position requires an interest in
market dynamics, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes,
and risk mitigation.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 2 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the commodity landscape in
order to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive
forces. Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core
materials markets and use industry dynamics to Apple's
- Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for
sourcing. Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and
quality in order to strike agreements that meet Apple's performance
criteria and secure long term supply continuity.
- Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business
objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize and
communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify
potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and
scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Develop an in-depth
understanding of value-added manufacturing processes and costs,
reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this
knowledge to influence Apple's future product roadmap and sourcing
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply
chain disruptions in real time with the support of an international
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Global Supply Manager, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!