Display Backlight Power Engineer/Architect
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is an excellent opportunity to work on the forefront of
display backlight power technologies with the outstanding company
consistently bringing innovations in the industry. In this
position, you will be part of pride developing innovative designs,
which are implemented in products used by millions of people. The
position primarily involves display module backlight control design
and development for Apple's next generation products spanning from
iPad, notebook computers, desktop computers, servers and standalone
displays. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of
yet. To be successful, you should thrive in a multifaceted, agile,
multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values
engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Candidate must have direct experience of power supply design
and possess deep knowledge of DC-DC power conversion topologies
including analog and digital controls.
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with DC-DC voltage
regulator chip architectures, magnetic design, PCB layout and
state-of the art techniques for integration and efficiency
- Proven tracking record on system power architecture definition
and development. Thorough understanding of power architecture
choices, trade-offs and optimizations.
- Strong communication skills and ability present and work with
cross-functional teams is extremely important
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide
- Must possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and
packaging challenges. Must possess knowledge of high volume
manufacturing technologies and production variance.
- Must be able to use of Spice based simulation tools, Cadence
Orcad schematic capture, Allegro PCB, Lab View, Matlab, MathCad and
excel mathematical analysis.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation,
integrity and attention to details.
- Capable of working in fast paced innovative work
- Ideal candidate will have work experience in power management
semiconductor/silicon companies with focus in display backlight
- Must be willing to travel overseas as needed to support
projects. Maximum of 25% travel time per calendar year is
- Participate in core architecture definition and investigation
while working closely with Apple cross-functional partners. 2.
Provide backlight design simulation, calculation and analytical
models for prediction of design concept outcome including control
loop stability, transient responses, layout analysis and parasitic
extractions. 3. Work on display backlight driver circuit design
including schematic, BOM and PCB layout. 4. Use schematic capture,
BOM generation and Spice based simulation tools. 5. Work closely
with system hardware team for backlight driver designs integration,
simulations and system level validation. 6. Test/validate
prototypes and publish results, document multi-dimensional
activities. Hands-on work in lab is must. 7. Provide technical
support and debug factory production issues. 8. Define next
generation display backlight driver chip architecture, 9. Author
display backlight driver custom chip specs, hardware specification,
simulation test cases, characterization test plan, test Reports,
Education & Experience
MSEE in power electronics with 6+ years experience is a MUST.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Display Backlight Power Engineer/Architect, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!