Technical Program Manager- Core Tech
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas
have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer
experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job
and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they
create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries.
It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires
the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing
technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple,
and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of experience in
engineering and manufacturing.
- Meaningful experience in introducing products into
manufacturing, or high volume production a large plus.
- Excellent project management skills, experience working in a
- Direct experience leading any of the following functional
engineering teams a plus (ME, EE, TE, DFX, Etc.).
- Shown bottom line project management experience. (Planning,
Cost, & Delivery).
- Experience working with International OEM partners.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40%.
- You should have the ability to communicate effectively in a
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations
- You should have validated working experience with DFm &
- Consistent record of cost reduction, project management and
engineering design required.
- Required to understand and tolerance stack ups for assemblies
and part level.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T principles a plus
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, servomotors, PLC and PC-based
control systems a plus.
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working
individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the
exciting brand at Apple. You will lead a team of engineers (DFx,
DFm, test, SQE, PQE, etc.) and others in support of new product
development as well as sustaining operations and ensuring the
contract manufacturer readiness for very high volume production.
You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical
operational issues related to SMT and system integration processes
to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational
success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the
mass production phase.
- Technical lead for manufacturing operations at multiple vendors
and sites. Driving contract manufacturer preparation for
pre-production builds. Production process development,
documentation, optimization and validation. Development and
implementation of new technologies to improve production quality,
capacity and efficiency. Sets standard practices and independently
settles impact to design approaches and parameters to the final
product. Provides direction, mentorship and resources to other
engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory
technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and
participates in the project planning of major sub-projects.
Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing
engineering functions: Design for Manufacturability - Provide early
and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure manufacturability
of new products. Product Engineering - Works all phases of a
product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life.
Provides production support engineering with respect to technically
complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. Process
Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to
improve quality and efficiency. Failure/Data Analysis - Plans,
develops and implements technically complex procedures for the
testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies
test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for
product design changes and final assembly standards. This will
include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical
analysis using Six Sigma principles. Provide regular VP level
communication of technical health of program.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in related Engineering discipline, MBA a plus.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Cupertino , Technical Program Manager- Core Tech, Other , Cupertino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!