The Display and Color Technologies organization in Apple's
Interactive Media Group is at the core of designing and
implementing architectures for rendering visual media, including
support for high dynamic range video, wide color gamut imagery and
display configurations that optimize viewer perception. Examples of
technologies include Extended dynamic range, HDR formats such as
HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG, HDR and SDR compositions, display
features such as Presets, Auto Brightness and True Tone, etc.
Essentially, our organization is responsible for building
rendering solutions on every Apple product with a display.
We are looking for candidates with strong engineering and
mathematical intuition who are excited to tackle new problems, and
have the diligence to work through the process of shipping features
from technology conception to fine-tuning production software.
"While reviewing key qualifications for the role, please bear in
mind that expertise is not required in all areas, but a level of
comfort is expected with most."
- Strong software development skills in C, C++ or equivalent
- Software debugging and optimization techniques
- Comfort with floating point arithmetic, linear algebra and
- Interest in visual media technologies & standards relating to
high dynamic range and wide color
- Familiarity with image and color processing concepts
- Familiarity with display technologies
As an engineer in the Display and Color Technologies
organization, you will be responsible for designing color rendering
and display adaptation solutions.
Your responsibilities will include architecting and developing
framework software for rendering visual media, working with GPU,
Media, UI and Display hardware teams.
Furthermore, your responsibilities will include new technology &
hardware bringup. In that capacity, you will work on performance
analysis and software optimization problems.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a full workload while
achieving extraordinary quality
- Strong team player who enjoys collaboration
- Positive attitude and adaptable to changing priorities